Thursday 24 November 2011

JOURNEY WOMAN 1
Seema Gill
I nailed the blanket rain of the Monsoon
to the mast of a sailing ship
only to see there was no land in sight
...
I plucked the tree from wild Danish forest
and stitched myself a cloak
only to discover, I was in a time lapse frame

I tore an arrow from conflicting Yorkshire Dales
to build a compass for guidance
only to realise the direction to peace was lost

I pulled the thorn from a war torn child
to wash the bleeding scar into the Red Sea
only to witness that abuse was universal

I unfurled the flag draped coffin of Democracy
to wrap a shawl around a crying mother
only to behold there were others who’d lost their beloved

I stole a sparkle from Niagara falls
to lay a diamond on a soldier’s shoulder
only to find the Niagara Fallen were in the graveyard

I took the pearls from Oyster Bay
and thread it into a loop around a neck
only to find it was a hangman's noose

I borrowed the sun from mother sky
to cover up the mind’s blind spot
only to discover the un-enlightened

I gathered the incense from a English rose petal
to caress a broken heart
only to feel the pain was all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment