Thursday 8 September 2011

WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR?

WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR? It’s late afternoon, Undercliffe cemetery in the twilight of autumn. Yellow, brown, golden leaves falling under my feet like showers of memories, making a soft rug for the thunderous storms, winds and the snow yet to arrive in my life. I am the observer, a venturing travellor in a state of hallucination, watching Svera climb slowely the steep path. While she makes small stops, I listen to her gasping breath. She had wanted that moment so much, she was pregnant and in pain, was going to give birth, to nurture the baby of higher consciusness, feed it, let it grow. I was playing the role of a midwife. Many years of labour before the strong Svera would be re-born. I was waiting for it to happen. There was a long way to go. There always will be. You had gone through your pain, the birth of your search, your journey, your choice. Why couldn't I? Don’t you see what it is all about Mother? Minna, Nina. You? (from my novel: Svera Jang)

No comments:

Post a Comment