Friday 5 August 2011

SPOKEN IN COLOUR

A few years ago I was interviewed by the BBC Asian network in London for a 60 second film I made on my life.

“What is your identity,” The young interviewer asked.

“I am a traveller who’d trotted around many countries of the world and learnt to fit into many societies, without changing into this and that form and ism. I don’t see myself as a Sikh woman neither am I a typical Indian, nor do I consciously dress up or eat any particular way. I wear what I like, I buy what I need. I eat what is healthy. I see what I want to. I hear what I like to, I listen to what is tolerable. So then what is my identity? It is what I have made myself to be. An artist, a poet, a writer and a pacifist.

 I have lived in India, Denmark and Tanzania and have travele to many cities of the world and now live in London. I speak at least 5 languages. I had a few dramatic experiences, some were adventures, some wonderful and some painful ones. Pain and happiness are two sides of the same coin-life.  Pain is a shadow and painfree existance is light. I have been on top of the pain mountain where I had no other choice than to return back to life. But I also realised that I didn’t jump to die but had seen tiny pieces of light through the dark clouds.

Pain ceases to exist when it becomes enlightenment!

One of the reason of surviving my pain was my creative spirit. I could express myself through writing, art and poetry. I believe everyone of us has something to offer to this univerese. A story, a skill to share, a strength to unblock, a life to live.

On this blog, I will let you into my colourful world of stories, adventures and how despite pain, abuse and let downs, I have survived and each moment of my life I have kept on learning.

So what do you want to know? Want to share my experiences? Show me yours?

Let the journey begin…….. 

2 comments:

  1. If you ask me who I am, I haven’t got a clue. I am a woman, a human being, artist, poet, now novelist an yet one tiny dot amongst all the billions of dots in this universe. I believe that we are all made of the same ‘energy.’ I love Professor Brian Cox who in his series ‘Wonders of the Universe’ explains how we are all born from stars. As he puts it himself, “Every mountain, every rock on this planet, every living thing, every piece of you and me was forged in the furnaces of space. … Every atom in our bodies was formed not on Earth, but was created in the depths of space, through the epic lifecycle of the stars“. How wonderful it is to think we are all born from the same element, so we are all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes each of us is the grain that makes the universe complete, so you are indissoluble from the whole, where it's going then you too go.

    ReplyDelete