Saturday 20 August 2011

A TYPICAL SATURDAY

A TYPICAL SATURDAY

“This is, well, this is me. I am, well I am a no word wizard, but a solid terraced creature, immobile on the hill, a tower of some fifty four thousands moons old which is hundred fifty years ago. A mindless series of brick walls standing for centuries, protecting the innocent and the abusers and whose fate might finally be to crumble to the dust, perhaps to be hurled by the homeless at a policeman in some urban riots.”

This is an excerpt from Chapter 20 of my novel, ‘Svera Jang’, published by Indigo Dreams Publishing last year in October. Svera Jang was nominated for the East Midlands Book of the Year Award last year when I was in Derby where I have lived from 2005-2010 and am back in London. Five years were a roller coaster of events, activities and of so much art, poetry, songs. I have visited London on many occasions before but London has been changing like a chameleon. Change is good for every thing. The whole universe changes constantly so if we don’t change we will be left behind, be stagnant water and rot in the company of our own narrow rituals and norms. The world is so connected these days that event keep on affecting us. The financial crisis, the natural disasters, the struggle for peace and democracy is happening everywhere. We all ‘feel’ what is happening in the world. I don’t know about you but I get really disturbed to witness hunger and war. Many people have nothing and many of us have abundance, that is unequal distribution of the resources in the world we live in. It annoys me a lot when my loved ones, my friends, the people I know and interact with get frustrated, grumpy and angry for small issues. Look at the world guys, how many people in the world have food, shelter, nice clothes, medicine? Not many. Why do we complain about our small let downs, frustrations and forget that there are others less advantaged then us, damn it. Wake up and get out of our ignorance, our absurdities, our narrow mindfulness, our ego, our desire, the greed. I can go on and on and on, but I am trying hard to be ‘positive amongst the ‘negative’, the greedy, the insecure, the egotistical. Give me a break guys! Hang on...I am getting negative vibes from my self, stop! I don’t want to go there, all I was going to let you know that a typical Saturday for me is to get up a bit early, do my necessary errands, like buying a newspaper and do the lottery (Yes I do, although I should be putting a few pounds away to send to the needy, but at times I too am selfish and needy).

After a light breakfast and soul searching, I either read my paper, write or paint until, until, yes until my tummy start to rumble with hunger. I am trying to cut down on luxurious food like, cakes, biscuits and fat foods.

Tonight I have to finish 2 paintings and carry on writing my 3 novels, maybe watch a film as well.
How do you spend your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment